Creating opportunities and support for people with learning disabilities to live the life they choose.
- To continue to be the organisation of choice for our members and always be led and supported by a team that passionately believes in them.
- To support members in having every opportunity to develop all skills and confidence possible so they can live the life of choice.
- To fully involve our membership every step of the way and to stay flexible and responsive to members needs and wishes – so that we remain truly member led.
- To have informed Trustees making informed decisions. A skilled and enthusiastic team all singing (or at least warbling) from the same hymn sheet.
- To ensure the right training for all members, staff and volunteers.
- To work to ensure financial sustainability throughout all service and continue planned sharing of resources for best value.
- Good financial planning for the future.
- To meet all areas of Charity Governance, Health and Safety and to remain aware of Government policy and priorities.
- Steady growth of well-trained enthusiastic volunteers, supported by Volunteer Coordinators.
- To continually listen, adapt and develop to provide supported living accommodation, community outreach and bespoke services that fit our member’s needs.
- Work as advocates for our members as needed and teach self-advocacy skills.
- Support members in making real friendships.
- Provide real work opportunities for our members.
- Provide members with real choice to the skills they develop.
- Support people to live independently in their own homes.
- Provide a range of fun planned activities which allow families/carers respite.
- Listen to feedback from members and families and respond.
- Integrate individuals with complex needs into the About with Friends family.
- Value our staff, Trustees and volunteers.