Also known as “New Horizons”, our Transition Programme gives those who are transitioning from children’s to adult services the help and support they need to settle in and make new friends. We offer evening, weekend and holiday activities for individuals aged 18-25 years old, as well as annual respite breaks.
There are separate groups for those who need a higher level of disability support and those who just need a little help to build new friendships.
Our transition services aim to:
- Build and maintain friendships
- Support integration into the community
- Provide a wide choice of activities, opportunities and breaks
- Create an inclusive environment for all abilities
- Achieve and celebrate goals together
- Build confidence and skills to use in everyday life
- Encourage a healthy, active and fun lifestyle
You can access our transition services through:
- Your social worker
- Contacting us directly
Our Transition services are priced by the hour and depend on the level of support that you will need. This ranges from Level 1 (low level needs that require little assistance to enjoy a social life and minimal support with money and safety) to Level 5 support (for someone with very high needs and challenging behaviour where there might be a risk of theft, self-harm, absconding or serious medical attention).
How you can pay:
- Using a personal budget or direct payments.
- Your social worker can directly commission hours for you to spend with us.
- You can use your own money and fund yourself.